Built to either be RENTED, SOLD or lease purchased, one of our specialties at Oilfield Instrumentation is providing harsh environment portable laboratories.
Whether MWD Cabins, LWD buildings, kit boxes, onshore or offshore buildings, each unit can be customized to a client’s needs, both in size and interior configuration. Specific requests are easily accommodated due to complete in-house construction. These buildings are quality built to withstand harsh environments while providing safety to the occupants.
- SALE BUILDINGS: Buildings can be custom built to any specification and to meet any rating requirement, including DNV 2.7-1, ABS, Norsok and USCG approval. We have the fastest known turnaround in the industry.
- RENTALS: Customers can choose from our fleet of approximately 200 buildings, and still have the option of some customization. We can remove or add cabinetry; replace cabinets with desktops or benches; add shelving and drawers, etc. The buildings can be custom painted and branded with company logos. We even have multiple units in the rental fleet that are DNV- and ABS-certified.
Regardless of whether you buy or rent buildings from us, you still can enjoy hassle-free delivery using our dedicated fleet of new 18-wheel trucks, and power-up by trained technicians, so you don’t have to spend time on logistics. One phone call or email to us is all it takes.
All custom buildings are constructed in-house using the capabilities of our manufacturing company, Advanced Building Services, and come standard with various interior and exterior features. There are several models and sizes, ranging from 8′ x 8′ through 16′ x 40′.
Although each model has standard features, some models such as the Harsh Environment Cabin come with retractable bunk beds and sink systems complete with water discharge hose and water inlet hose. An emergency lighting system is available upon request and any unit can be wired for telephone, email or intercom capability. All units come purge equipped and ready to go either on land, barge, or offshore floater.
Other features of the harsh environment labs include:
- Magnehalic purge systems with automatic power shutdown upon pressure loss with audible and visual alarms
- Visual purge indication of safe or fail status
- Air conditioning systems available for Class 1, Division 1 and 2
- Offshore approved exane power cable
- Stepdown voltage transformers for 480/240 volts
- Unit wiring for European standards easily done
- Safety cages mounted over air conditioning units – window safety covers also available
- Forklift loading pockets and lifting eyes – certified slings also available
- Ventilation hoods: fan system for synthetic mud testing can be provided
- Communication systems available
- Skid packages for on/off-loading standard
These multi-purpose, portable buildings can be utilized both as land units or offshore buildings. They can serve as:
- Mud laboratories
- Directional drilling work areas
- (Measurement-while-drilling) MWD Cabins
- Portable offices
- Pipelay barge data units
- Portable company representatives units
- Or they can be customized for your other special uses, like cooling rooms, kit boxes, or battery boxes.
Click here to see samples of some of our projects.